- Choosing a Major/Career: In this interactive seminar, students participate in a variety of self-exploration activities and assessments to explore career interests and learn about academic majors and the job search.
- Interviewing Strategies: Students learn cutting-edge interviewing strategies and practice in small groups.
- CRC Orientation: This workshop gives students who have never seen CRC facilities a brief orientation. This seminar is ideal for first-year students who may need to learn about this valuable on-campus resource.
- Job Offer and Salary Negotiation: Students learn job evaluation and salary negotiation skills. Program highlights include "considering the total package," "juggling multiple job offers," identifying salary ranges" and "ethical considerations."
- Curriculum Vitae Preparation (for Graduate Students): Are your students applying for a faculty positions? This seminar details important CV elements for academic or research post-doctoral or faculty positions.
- Job/Internship Search Strategies: Not just for seniors, this seminar guides students in the process of searching for internships and full-time positions while learning effective strategies to successfully navigate the job search process.
- Dining Etiquette: Employers often invite candidates to dinner or lunch during the interviewing process and the experience can be overwhelming. Students will learn the proper etiquette to use during a business lunch or dinner. Hosting the seminar at a restaurant is highly encouraged!
- Navigating Career Showcase: This seminar provides tips for first-time Career Showcase attendees. Students will learn how to make the most of the Showcase experience, prepare resumes and learn interview etiquette.
- Dress for Success: First impressions can make or break a candidate's opportunity. Students learn how to "look the part" and make a great first impression.
- Personal Statement Preparation (for Juniors and Seniors): This seminar will help your students learn the guidelines for writing a personal statement as well as brainstorm ideas for topics to highlight in the statement.
- Resume/Cover Letter Preparation: Find out what employers are looking for when reviewing resumes and cover letters. Students will leave knowing the proper content, style and format for resume and cover letter writing.
Other career-related topics not mentioned above can be covered. Be sure to be specific in making a request not featured above.
Requests are processed as quickly as possible. We will contact you to make additional presentation arrangements. Please provide us with a minimum of two weeks notice to process your request and we will do our best to accommodate requests in a timely fashion.
At times, however, we will be unable to assist you due to prior engagements or other conflicts. We apologize for any inconvenience.
Presentations are for UF entities located in the Gainesville area only. We are unable to accept request from non-UF entities or UF entities located outside of the Gainesville area.
To check the status of your request, contact AlexandraRicker@crc.ufl.edu or call (352) 273-2335