Career Planning Express Drop In Hours
CRC Library | Weekdays | 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Drop in for assistance with a variety of career-related topics like developing a resume, cover letter, personal statements and general job search strategies. Mock interviews are also available during Express Drop In hours. Stop by our office (first floor, Reitz Union), stroll into our library, sign in at the computer and one of our staff members will assist you.
Request a Career Planning Appointment
Request an appointment with one of our Career Planning staff members. You can meet with our staff either in person or via phone or via Skype (very helpful for you distance learning students).
They can assist you with topics like choosing a major, selecting a career, searching for a job/internship and much more.
- Log in to Gator CareerLink
- Click on "Request a Career Planning Appointment"
- Select your appointment date, time, topic and click "Submit"
- You will receive a confirmation email when your request is approved
When requesting your appointment, pay special attention to the topic numbers (#'s) and staff members that are available for those topic numbers (in parentheses next to their name). Also, for distance learning students, you can indicate if you need your appointment via phone or via Skype.
Career Planning appointment topics:
- Choosing / changing your major
- Choosing / changing your career
- Graduate school application or personal statement
- Developing your resume, cover letter or personal statement
- Finding an internship, externship or co-op position
- Finding a full-time job
- Interviewing strategies
- Considering your job options
Only one appointment can be requested at a time. Once you have visited with a Career Planning staff member, you will be able to make an additional appointment.
Our library is open from 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. on weekdays (unless otherwise noted). We have career-related books, job search information and computer access. The library is also where you can access many of our drop-in services.
In our library, you can get assistance with:
- Employment or graduate and professional program search
- Identifying library resources
- Salary negotiation
- Interview preparation
- Job search assistance
- Resume & cover letter critiques
If you should have additional questions, CALL (352) 392-1601 or VISIT first floor of the Reitz Union.