Career Showcase will be held on February 3rd and 4th, 2015 from 9 a.m. - 3 p.m. in the O'Connell Center. This event is open to UF students & alumni only.
Career Showcase is a two-day event featuring employers hiring for full-time job and internships. This event offers you a great opportunity to network with employers and explore a position or organization that you had not previously considered. These employers travel to the University of Florida just to see you. It doesn't get much better than that! Take advantage of this opportunity to make a BIG impact on your career.
Calling all Gators in fields like accounting, health care, communications, education, sales and retail. Employers are here for you on day one.
Calling all Gators in fields like computer science, engineering, information systems, research and other technical fields! Employers are here for you on day two.
So you want a full-time position, internship or co-op, right? Proper presentation at Career Showcase takes proper preparation. Start here…
See who's attending Career Showcase! For an up-to-date list of employers, login to Gator CareerLink at the top right of this page, Click "events" and select "Career Showcase." This list is updated as we receive new registrations.
While you are looking at the registered employers, don't forget to check out the employer's profile, available positions, upcoming information sessions and the organization's website.
Make a list of the top 10 employers you plan to speak with at Career Showcase and have well-thought-out questions to ask them.
- It can only help to make a bigger impact at Career Showcase. Try one of our workshops. Topics, dates, times and locations are listed in Gator CareerLink. Log in, click "Events" and select "Workshops."
- Look out for opportunities to network with employers in information sessions before and after Career Showcase. Log in to Gator CareerLink, click "Events" and select "Information Sessions" for more information.
- Don't attend showcase with an antique or poorly written resume. Stop by to get your resume critiqued by CRC staff, attend Extreme Resume Makeover or try the resume building on Gator CareerLink. Log in at www.crc.ufl.edu, click "My Documents" then click "Resume Builder." Either way…get the help you need before Career Showcase!
- Love networking with employers? If you need a job, co-op or internship, you probably do. Employers help with resume critiques and mock interviews before and after Showcase. Dates for employer resume critiques are listed in Gator CareerLink.
Spend some time preparing for this event as that can only help you make a bigger impact at Career Showcase. Here are some ways to prepare:
Many employers host interviews immediately following each day of Career Showcase. Want a complete list? Check out the Event Guide at the O'Connell Center during the fair.
Details on interviews conducted throughout the semester are listed in Gator CareerLink. Log in at www.crc.ufl.edu, click "My Jobs," then "Gator CareerLink Job Database," and select "Show Me | All Interviews" and hit the search button.
Make a big impact on employers - even with your attire! For men, we recommend a dark blue, black or gray suit.
No wrinkles, men, so visit the dry cleaners or pull out your iron! And no white socks. Also, take it easy on the cologne.
For women, a dark blue, black or gray pants or skirt suit. It's a career fair, so skirts should be knee length and closed toe shoes are best. Also, take it easy on makeup, jewelry and perfume.
- Bring your Gator 1 Card to get in
- Bring multiple copies of your edited resume to give to recruiter
- Carry a portfolio/folder, pen and notepad to hold your materials and jot down notes
- Wear a nametag if you have one
- Bring your planner / availability (in case the recruiter wants to schedule an interview)
- Wear a power suit or other snazzy business professional attire
Interact with employers, build skills that will make your resume sparkle and assist the CRC at the same time! Our Employer Relations Ambassadors need volunteers to promote and run CRC events. Contact email@example.com with your interest.