BRIDGE connects you with relevant professionals who can help you apply what you've learned in those oh-so-fun lectures. It's a combo that offers benefits like networking with Gainesville professionals, developing new skills and gaining fantastic career-related experience.
After all, experience makes your resume sparkle…and more experience leads to development of additional career-related skills, which leads to better job opportunities. You get the picture.
Go ahead; help yourself and the Gainesville community.
How to participate:
To participate in BRIDGE, you just need to complete two short workshops to become a Certified Gator Professional. Once you have completed the required certification, you can begin searching and applying for BRIDGE postings in Gator CareerLink.
This program helps students at all levels with their job and internship search, resume prep, networking, interviewing and professional development. After two workshops, students can become a Certified Gator Professionals. This certification is viewable by employers, showing them you are aware of these important topics.
Certification can be completed online through E-learning. Please email Exped@crc.ufl.edu to request enrollment.
Once you have completed the certification, you can begin your search and apply for BRIDGE opportunities in Gator CareerLink.
- Log in to Gator CareerLink at www.crc.ufl.edu
- Click on "My Jobs" and select the "Gator CareerLink Job Database
- Change "Position Type" to "BRIDGE Internship"
- Search through and apply for each position
Opportunities will be updated regularly, so be sure to check back regularly.
If you should have any questions, contact us at ExpEd@crc.ufl.edu.
Past BRIDGE Employers
We work with some amazing organizations.
- Alachua Conservation Trust, Inc.
- American Red Cross, North Central Chapter
- AMI Kids (formerly Gainesville Wilderness Institute)
- Andrew J. Boneparth & Associates (Ameriprise)
- Asset Management, Inc.
- Banc of America Investment Services, Inc.
- City of GaBCN Associates, Inc.
- Bogin, Munns & Munns, P.A.
- Boys & Girls Club of Alachua County
- Boys & Girls Club of Woodland Park
- Burkhardt Sales and Service
- Child Advocacy Center, Inc.
- Childrens Home Society of Florida
- Gainesville Parks Recreation & Cultural Affairs Division
- City of Gainesville-Communications Office
- City of Gainesville-Department of Parks Recreation & Cultural Affairs
- City of Gainesville-Public Works Department
- Cloud 9 Spa Salon
- Country Inn & Suites
- Crime Prevention Security Systems
- Dreams of Lifetime for Cancer Patients, INC.
- Escape Media Group/Grooveshark.com
- Falcon Financial Management, Inc.
- Florida Institute for Workforce Innovation
- Florida Works
- Food Service Mgt. Concepts (Hungry Howies)
- Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Gainesville Area Chamber of Commerce / FloridaWorks Business Services
- Good Life Community Magazine
- Junior Achievement
- Modern Woodmen Fraternal Financial
- Natural Elements Painting, Inc.
- Neutral 7 Design Group
- Northwestern Mutual
- O2B Kids
- Ozean Media
- Partnership for Strong Families
- Perth Leadership Institute
- Prudential Preferred Properties
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of North Central Florida, Inc.
- RPM Motorcycles, Inc.
- Sebastian Ferrero Foundation
- The Arc of Alachua County
- The Hippodrome
- Tioga Town Center
- Two Men & A Truck
- United Way of North Central Florida
- University of Florida, College of Design, Construction & Planning
- 352 Media
If you should have questions about BRIDGE or Certified Gator Professionals, contact us at ExPed@crc.ufl.edu.