Part-Time Job Fair will be held on July 14, 2014 from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. at the Reitz Union Breezeway.
Part-Time Job Fair is brought to you by the Career Resource Center and Student Financial Affairs. This event is open to UF students & alumni.
You only need a few minutes to prepare for this event. Here are a few things to do:
See who's attending Part-Time Job Fair. For an up-to-date list of employers, login to Gator CareerLink at the top right of this page, Click "events" and select this even. This list is updated as we receive new registrations.
While you are looking at the registered employers, don't forget to check out the employer's profile, available positions and the organization's website.
Make a list of the top 10 employers you plan to speak with at Career Showcase and have well-thought-out questions to ask them.
- Would I like to work on or off campus?
- Do I qualify for federal work study?
- Do I need a work permit to apply for on-campus positions?
- Am I able to work around my class schedule and other commitments?
- What hours and how many are reasonable with my course load?
- Where can I get work experience that relates to my major?
- How far am I willing to travel within the Gainesville area for the opportunity?
- Professional attire is not required (just stop by)
- Bring many copies of your resume (make sure it is updated and proofread!)
- Available times and days that you can work, including a start date
- Copies of your UF work permit (if you qualify for Federal Work Study)
- A notepad and pen to jot down notes of your conversations with employers to use during your follow-ups
- Create a Gator CareerLink account to apply for off-campus jobs
- Visit www.jobs.ufl.edu to apply for on-campus positions